Thursday, June 26, 2014

What is with the attachment to Dekalb?!?

So what's with all the Dekalb stuff?

Well, my grandpa was a Dekalb corn seed salesman at one point. I always have such fond memories of visiting my grandpa's house for a week or so at a time. He still had Dekalb stuff around his house. In fact going to his house kind of felt like going back in time. His generation had a tendency to keep stuff around for a while. So walking in the door was like stepping back into the 60s. I attribute much of my love for antiques to stuff I originally saw around his basement or garage. So long story short... I like Dekalb because it reminds me of my grandpa.


My Dekalb row marker mug shots.


My 1940s Dekalb flying ear sign.


I also find the corn seed hat comes in handy as a conversation starter when roaming the countryside for antiques. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment